Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Wizard


Mark, Mark, King of the Dark
The trauma and drama of everyone’s parts
My “Child”, my “Sleeper”, my “Empty” one, too
It all came from your mouth, so it has to be true

It’s phenomenal really, the way you can place
A life into context without seeing her face
And soon just a thought from the “wisdom” you hold
Might as well come from Jesus; we are that desperate to mold

And simply like that, we give up our will
To use our own voices; we just take the damn pill
So believed to be safe, I eased my guard down
Until seeing I was the subject, while you wore the gown

But I only saw because I watched from the side
The favorites you coddled and studied with pride
And in not being one, it was easy to see
That you simply don’t care about clients like me

Perhaps it was just that I’m not mold-able
Since you really can’t brainwash a mind when it's full
Already lodged with my own core beliefs
You may break down the door, but they won’t ever leave

I could give you credit for being someone
Who established a place that helped me become
A person with health, who can live without ED
Who now wants to live life and not simply be dead

But I was used like the rest for the “research” you plunder
When research is theory, and we’re people, not numbers
Still, maybe your intentions were once genuine
But if so, that was long before your ego stormed in

You see, the brilliance you’ve shown the naïve, it’s an art
But brilliance like that isn’t "Self", it’s a part
So don’t ever forget, despite what they’ve bought
You will never be infallible --- you’re not the son of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment